(See below for upcoming trainings, events, and other opportunities.)
Our Soil and Water Conservation District believes that a high-quality environmental education should be accessible to all citizens in Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania and King George areas. Our goal includes supporting educators and teachers in the area of natural resources conservation education in all grade levels, public, private and home school groups.
2017- 2018 TCCSWCD Environmental Education offerings include:
- Resources and lesson plans for teachers and students
- Non-Point Source Pollution Enviroscape Presentation
Environmental Topics include:
– Water Cycle, Water resources and water quality in Virginia and Chesapeake Bay Watershed, Soil formation and soil health actvities, Non- point source Pollution, waste managmentand recycling
- Annual Conservation Poster Contests
- Envirothon – High School Environmental Club and Competition
- A Guide to Creating Meaningful Watershed Experiences
- Aquatic_stewardship Guide
- Online Resources for MWEE
2017 Youth Conservation Poster Contest-Deadline: September 30, 2017
We are now accepting poster entries for 2017 National Association of Conservation Districts K-12 Student poster contest! Entry forms are REQUIRED with the poster submission. ca Please click on the follwing link to access it: 2017 TCCSWCD Poster Contest_Due_Sept30
The 2017 poster theme is “Healthy Soils Are Full of Life.” Additional materials, lesson plans and activities for students and teachers are available here: http://www.nacdnet.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/2017-Resource-List-Poster-Contest.pdf.
For more information contact: Izabela Sikora, TCCSWCD Education Coordinator.
FREE Project WET Training
for formal and non-formal Teachers
Tri-County/City Soil & Water Conservation District is pleased to offer all K-12 Formal and non-formal educators free “Water Education for Teachers” workshps. All participants earn up to 6 hours of Proffesional Development hours, free curricullum textbook, lesson plans, actvities and other resources.
If interested in scheduling or attending a workshop, please contact Izabela Sikora, TCCSWCD Education Coordinator.